Monday, November 12, 2012

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to A Thing of Beauty Skincare! My name is Haleigh, and I'm a Master Esthetician in Salt Lake City, Utah. I currently work as an instructor at Skinworks School for Advanced Skincare, and was previously at Shirodhara Day Spa, which was voted Best of Salt Lake City 2009-2011 in their Spa category. I'm now beginning my own skincare business, A Thing of Beauty Skincare, in addition to teaching.

I began my journey into esthetics after moving back to Utah from Los Angeles. I had a job that I didn't like and didn't afford me the time to take off for auditions (acting is my first passion), and I was unhappy. My boyfriend suggested several times that I go back to school, but I was hesitant to add to my already enormous amount of student debt just to go to school for a waste of a degree. And I really, really, REALLY didn't want to take another math class for the rest of my life, if I could help it. My mother had a friend who frequented a med spa and encouraged me to come along one night to a ladies night out that the spa was holding. After talking to the estheticians there, I decided to look into schools in the area, and after making several calls to other spas in the valley to see which schools they preferred to hire from, I enrolled at Skinworks.

According to a Forbes.com article posted in 2007, Salt Lake City was labeled "The Vainest of Them All" based on the number of plastic surgeons per capita. As such, Utah is a great place for estheticians to work. The state's Master Esthetician license requires 1200 hours of schooling, and 2 tests, which allows us to perform a myriad of treatments, including chemical peels, microdermabrasion, Lash extensions, body wraps and waxing. Lasers for the removal of tattoos and hair, and IPL machines are all in our scope of practice as well.

This blog is to serve as an extension of atbskincare.com, and to answer any questions that you may have regarding skincare, products, new treatments, and to relay my own experiences in the skincare world to those who may be interested in a career. So, with that said, I hope you all enjoy my blog, and please don't hesitate to email me any questions at info@atbskincare.com.

XOXO

Haleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment